Attention all students: You can be the next J.K. Rowling! This is your chance to show off your writing skills, get published and win a cash scholarship.
You do not have to be an advanced writer to take part. All you need is your imagination and Microsoft Word.
Just think about how many words we use every day in conversations, texts and emails. This is an opportunity to use words in a creative and unique way. You may have some questions before you dive in, so here are the answers!
Scholarship Essay Contest Details
What is the deadline and where/how do I submit my scholarship essay?
All submissions are due by February 8, 2019 and must be delivered via email to solidessay(at)gmail.com as a Microsoft Word or Google Docs attachment. If you submit the scholarship essay in the body of the email, it will be disqualified. Be sure your full name and email address are typed at the top of the essay. Failure to do so will disqualify your entry. Any entries received after the due date will be disqualified.
What is the word limit?
Minimum number of words is 600 and maximum is 800.
Who will review my scholarship essay submission?
English teachers and editors will review each submission. We will redact your name before the essays are submitted to the judges so they can review each one anonymously. We have found this is the fairest way to review submissions.
How many winners will be chosen and when will I find out if I'm one of them?
Three winners will be chosen as follows:
- First place wins a scholarship of $1000
- Second place wins a scholarship of $700
- Third place wins a scholarship of $500
Once the 3 winners are chosen, their names will be published on our website and on our social media channels.
Scholarship Essay Contest Guidelines
- Plagiarism of any kind will result in immediate disqualification. We will use plagiarism checking software.
- Essays are to be written in English.
- You may choose only one of the topics below.
- If you want to include an image, you may do so, but your essay must still be between 600 and 800 words. Please be sure to give proper credit for any image or photograph that was not created or taken by you. If you were not the original creator of the image or photograph, and your essay was chosen as a winner, we will not be able to include it.
Scholarship Essay Topics
This is where the fun begins. Select ONE topic below and be sure to include the topic number after your name and email address on the top, first page of your essay. For example:
Are you ready? Here are your topics:
TOPIC #1: If you could pick the perfect job what would it be and why?
TOPIC #2: In your opinion, what technology tools play the biggest role in the student's life and why?
TOPIC #3: What essay topic would you assign to college applicants and why?
TOPIC #4: How social media effects young people?
TOPIC #5: What major did you select and why?
Don't be discouraged if you are not selected as one of the three winners. You've made the leap and have written an essay and that's commendable. So have fun with this and good luck!
Below are a few links that might help you in your writing:
- How to Write an Exemplification Essay
- How to Write an Exploratory Essay
- How to Write an Informative Essay
By submitting your essay to SolidEssay.com, you give us permission to publish your work on our company's website, social media channels or use it in other marketing materials.