How to Write an Article
An article is a piece of writing that is published either in newspapers and magazines, or electronically through blogs and websites. Nowadays, article writing has already become a source of living. So, thank your professor for always asking you to write an article in school. You will benefit from that skill in the future. And if that’s the case, the writer has to do it fast without sacrificing the quality of his work. But the question is how to write an article? If you are interested, read on.
Article Writing Guidelines
- The fastest way to write an article is to know your topic. Writing about what you like will surely make the task a lot easier. But that is not always the case. Sometimes, whether you like it or not, you have to write on something you are entirely clueless about. But then again, knowing about your topic will help you a lot. Always keep it interesting for the readers.
- Know your market, your audience, or your readers. Most of the time, knowing your target audience will help you determine the subject matter. Knowing your readers will also give you the idea on how to keep them reading and give them reasons to read more.
- Aside from the content, the title of your article also plays a very important role. With all the articles you found on the web for example, you will not find time to read them one by one. But with an interesting title, you will be able to hook a passerby. So, make your title an attention grabber. Make sure that it will also cover the main point of your article.
- When you write, writing style is very important. A good writer has his own style that is different from the others. In other words, you do not have to conform since a writing style is somewhat personal. So it is important to develop your own.
- Writing an article is not just about telling, and telling, and telling. You also have to make sure that your readers will be able to go with the flow of your thoughts and ideas.
- Do not plagiarize. No matter how pressured you are with the remaining time, do not copy someone else’s work. Also, be ready for criticism. It’s normal yet important.
- Whether you are writing an article for a school project or for a living, here’s a piece of advice: just love your work and everything else will follow.
Everyone can write a good article but only a few can make it amazing. You have to remember that writers are made and not born. As you keep writing, you will develop new strategies to improve your style. It’s only normal to find your own writing style boring as you get used to it. What’s not normal is to stick with it despite your realization. So, if you want to know how to write an article, just learn the above mentioned tips by heart.
Get your original paper!